c o m m e n t a r y
December 22, 2014
Trade liberty for safety or money and you'll end up with neither. Liberty, like a grain of salt, easily dissolves.
The power of questioning -- not simply believing -- has no friends. Yet liberty depends on it. ***
S U P P O R T S W A N S
Note from the Editors:
Dear readers, contributors, and friends. We are sorry that we haven't been able to publish since July 28, 2014. Gilles has suffered three cerebral concussions that have left him impaired. He's lost most mobility. He cannot walk at all and moves on a chair. He's lost much ability with his two hands and has a difficult time to type on the keyboard. On top of this he has suffered some brain damage. Therefore, it is a condition that makes it impossible to maintain Swans until his health improves. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will try to put together an end of the year review, but we certainly cannot promise that it will happen. Same for our Infamous Predictions.
Steven Hohensee sent us a very generous financial contribution and we deeply thank him, but we will not cash the check until Swans is back to work.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your common sense."
On our Mind
The Young Turks
See Sharp Press
World Without Borders
Dark Mountain Project
* * * * *
Don't believe everything you think!
Sorry, no articles
Swans by Subject
- Activism under the Radar Screen
Keep in Mind...
– Please support Swans.
– You can syndicate Swans with our RSS Feed, courtesy of Sean M. Burke.
– Every time you reload the front page, one of 87 different quotes appears randomly in the left margin.
– Thank you for visiting Swans and for reading its contents. Endeavor to become an agent of change.
– Let us know if you wish to receive an e-mail regarding each new edition (twice a month) with the Note from the Editors, and please become a financial subscriber. See our Donate page.
About Swans | Archives | Copyright | Resources | Contact
© 1996-2014 Swans. All rights reserved.
"hypertext" links to any pages of this site are authorized;
however, republication of any part of this site, inlining, mirroring, and framing are expressly prohibited.